I'd started on my Kim McLean quilt and finished the first block (see below). It took some re-learning and trial and error, but it was good practice. Hopefully the next few block will look more professional. One of the challenges was finding the right thread for the needleturn, but eventually I settled on Aurifil 100wt, dark grey for the dark bits and Superior thread silver for the lighter pieces. The second block is already in production, and I'm already happier with it. Marking pens also constituted a learning curve. I used the blue Flexion pen to trace shapes, but unfortunately, the markings turned white when ironed. Then I changed to thin pencil, which was fine for lighter pieces, and bought a white Sewline pen for darker ones. Love the combination of KF and batiks, they really do compliment each other.
Finally, I made this Anniversary card for DH, seeing it was our 35th Anniversary yesterday. He liked the two owls, as did I. I was very spoilt, with a mushy card, chocolates, lunch at Langham's, and another little Pandora for my ever-increasing collection.
Yesterday I made two tags (or bookmarks). In the first one I used a new stamp, the moggy reading a book and sitting on a stack of books. Enjoyed using my new ink pads, a stencil, and Tim Holtz washi tape (mainly to cover up a couple of stamping ooopsies).